Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stevens Pass Climb

Dear Mark

I mentioned that I'm training for RAMROD (Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day #boom!) this year. The ride falls in July and you have to prep for this one. I've ridden it a few times already, once in 2004 and once in 2007. Both times the ride was hard. It's just difficult to train for a ride that has several 6+ mile ascents of 2,000 feet at a time.

This past weekend I rode up Stevens Pass with my friend Bridie. The total milage was not much (31 miles) but the 8 mile climb up the highway is always my favorite choice for training. The day was cold and the rain was soon to arrive. The climb up had has climbing along snow pack on the side of the road. It made me feel like I was in a climb from the Giro. Here's a few pics from the ride.




Just check out the snow pack around us. It was a chilly descent down the highway and traffic was heavier than we would have preferred. Still it was good to get some climbing in.

Here is the Garmin Edge 500 info from the ride

Cheers
Jeff

No comments: