Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Social Media Hurts My Blog

Dear Mark

I have to admit, social media is killing my blog time. Sure I could and have blamed lots of other things, but really it is social media. Whether it is Facebook or Twitter, I just don't seem to have the creative time to get to it. Another thing getting in the way is work (I know, the audacity!), which is a good problem to have in our economy. Funny thing is, that our team is starting an internal blog on a project and I get to contribute. I'm not sure work is ready for my "writing style" but we'll see.

I've still been running this year and enjoying the time to work out and be in my head. I think of so many blog ideas as I run. Surprisingly many are around suffering, pain, ideas that seem good at the time and the amount of rain our city receives, but ideas nonetheless. I know I still have the inspiration to write and I want to get back to it. I'm making a preemptive strike on resolutions, and writing letters to you is at the top, right after make the perfect margarita (seeking perfection should never stop).

One way I'm hoping to improve is by beating social media and hardware at their game. I may link more to the blog from other avenues and vice versa. Another thing that I did was I picked up a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad that will help me post using my iPad. In fact, this is my maiden blog post with it.

Here's hoping I/we make good on our resolutions.

Cheers
Jeff


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: