Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Jack-ed Time Line

Dear Mark

Lavi and I take a lot of photos of Jack. I'm sure when he's 18 he'll join a group of generation kids who have had almost every step of their life documented. I got my iphone right about the time he was born. As I result I have about 3 years worth of photos on my iphone. Jack has recently really dug looking at them. He sits and flips through them more easily than your parents can operate my iphone. He likes looking at the videos that I've captured of him riding his bike and doing various silly things. Bringing out the phone while we are out to eat has been the ace up my sleeve lately for keeping him occupied.

I was looking back at the photos and I have a couple that when viewed side by side are pretty cool. The first picture here is Jack at Gorditos restaurant in Seattle. We took him there when he was about 8 months old, and again on and off each year. I have a picture of him at 2 and 3 years old all side by side. Neat to see them along side each other.This next set is from another restaurant, Wild Mountain Cafe. A place we like to go for breakfast. When Jack was little we'd get up early (because like he was already up so it wasn't hard), put him in the stroller and walk up for breakfast. For some reason Jack is always a good boy here. He likes the food and the wait staff is really sweet to him. These pictures are about 9-10 months old and 2.5 years old.


This last set is from Carkeek Park. I remember the first picture because Jack was only about 5 months old I think. I was working from home one day and Lavi had a doctor's appointment. I took off at lunch for a stroller ride with him down the back trail to Carkeek Park. The pictures are from the same bridge. The most recent one is from last week. Jack walked the entire way to the beach and part of the way back. When I took him down there in the stroller I never thought he'd ever get that big so quick.


My Mac has a collage screen saver setting. There are times when I just stare at it and see him grow up through photos right in front me. He's getting to be such a big boy.

Did I tell you that he's always been in the 90%+ range for height on the growth chart? I cannot even fathom what that means. I never cracked the 20% mark I think. Heck with today's standards in car seats for kids I'm lucky my first car didn't have a booster seat for me. As I look around the family though I realize I'm the shortest guy in the family on Dad's side. Luckily I tower over cousin Patrick by like 1/2 of an inch. Heck I barely make Megan feel short that's how short I am. I guess I'm glad Jack won't have that problem.

Well, more soon. Take care.

Jeff

No comments: