Monday, September 27, 2010

Bad Eggs

I’m having very strange egg issues lately. A few months ago we cracked one open and it was some weird afterbirth thing going on and it was red. Really off putting. I settled for just toast that morning and I think we may have pitched the whole carton. We asked a lady we met that is in culinary school and she said “that’s why they teach us to crack them into something separate first.”

Just the other day Siobhan had a hankering for eggs for dinner. Being that she’s rarely a breakfast person in the morning, this struck me as funny. However as a man who would eat breakfast for every meal I jumped at the rare opportunity. Now the nice thing about a breakfast meal at Chateau Shark is that I can actually be helpful in the food prep. I make a mean scramble. So as we prepare the eggs Siobhan cracks the first one. It’s a double yoker!!!
Never before have I seen this. Do we eat it? Is it safe? Is there more protein? Were they fraternal or identical twins? Mulling this over the second egg gets cracked. Another double yoker!!! Wow, two in a row. That’s a bit strange. Are these mutant eggs. Was the farm next to a toxic waste dump? Are there super chickens out there and if so why are they being kept secret? Are they part of some plot by Colonel Sanders to take over the humans? We scrap these and decide to start over. The third egg goes in ….yet another double yoker!!! The forth.. yup… another double yoker. The fifth and sixth.. yup .. double yokers. Deciding not to waste anymore we bravely eat these eggs. They taste normal. So far so good. I‘ve not noticed any feathers growing although I have had the inclination to stare straight up when it rains and I seem to run in circles more often.

Later.
-Mark

No comments: