Saturday, January 23, 2010

Took a ride today

I had a day off from work today. I had only one thing to do, ride my bike. Seattle was blessed with some very nice weather this week. In contrast to my northern California co-workers who were immersed in biblical rains. I admit that it has been a while since I rode. Much to long.

I went out for about 2 hours. I hoped to go longer but I had a hard stop to get home by. It was sunny but cold. 2 pairs of wool socks, 2 booties, a wool hat, double layers was how I went out, wearing my Adobe kit. My feet were never warm but it never hurt either.

I would like to say that I maintained a 20 mph pace but I'd be lying to you. Just as well that I got a taste of what I could do. I never got tired but I just lacked that snap and pop that I've had. I knew as much but it was still a little hard to realize. I was encouraged that form and riding style were there. Just need to get out and rude more.

The day was beautiful. I saw Mt. Rainier in all of her glory, as well as Mt. Baker which is rare.

While it is true that you never forget how to ride a bike, your "saddle area" can have it slip it's memory obviously and it will make you pay.

On you left,
Jeff


- Posted via mobile

No comments: