Friday, June 26, 2009

Shuffling some Jackson

Sad day yesterday with the passing of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. I'm shuffling all my Michael Jackson music today. I admit that I do this at least once every two weeks. While I don't moon walk in my office I do fight the urge to bust a few signature moves, and luckily I win that battle because no one wants to see me do that.

I remember that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was the second music album that I ever purchases (Men at Work "Business As Usual" being the first). I listened to if over and over for days. He was amazing. It will be a long time before a talent like his comes along. Eddie Van Halen wrote the and performed the guitar solo on "Beat It." He credits that solo as one of his personal favorites.

Michael's private life aside (and it is hard to set that aside), he will be missed. Almost every artist since the 80's credits him as an influence. Michael was like Elvis, Bob Marlrey and John Lennon in the impatct he had on music.

I'm excited for the first time Jack hear's "Thriller" or "Beat It" as he grows up. I am sure Michael's music will hold meaning and inspiration for generations to come. I hope he's at peace.

1 comment:

KatieMo said...

Good tribute! :) I too have been shuffling some MJ on my IPOD as well. The night before he died, I may or may not have done the moonwalk to "Billie Jean" at the bar. Although he had a bizarre personal life, it will be a long time before there is another performer like him!