Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Many Updates

It has been a while since I posted any real content. I’m sure you all have loved the cute pictures of Jack and some of the funny stories, but I admit that my posting habits are almost as bad as my brother. I know... That is bad huh. So why no posts? Well I’ve got the usual excuses of being busy and such. They seem lame, so let me just get to the updates.

Jack Update – I know he is the only reason you read the blog so I might as well start off with a post about him. He’s great. The little guy just makes us so happy. He’s really trying to put things together and do things on his own. His teacher at daycare told us that she sees “a very self-assured and confident young boy” when observing Jack. He really likes to help others, especially the teachers and is very easy-going. How we got so lucky I don’t know but we’re thankful. Jack was sick when I was visiting San Jose 3 weeks ago, and teething at the same time. A bummer way to spend a few days. But he bounced back and was running the household in no time. His cuspid teeth are coming in. He’s really babbling away and words are coming quick and fast. He loves to point at “bus” and “truck” on the drive to daycare.

He doesn’t want to eat many green vegetables but give him carrots, corn or some non-green veggie and he’s okay. He seems to be right-handed for writing (coloring) and left-handed for throwing and playing. He uses his left hand for eating too. Not sure which will be dominant.

The best update here for me is that Jack and I have been traveling by bicycle to daycare together in the morning. He really seems to enjoy it. I couldn’t be happier as I have missed my bike commute terribly. The last hill to his daycare is at least 6% grade if not more. I haul him and the trailer (50+ pounds plus my own gear) up the hill. It’s a wrinkler for sure. Lavi picks him up in the afternoon so I just roll home with an empty trailer. This is nice as going home is mostly uphill for me. I rode with him 3 days last week and already 2 days this week. I’m really having a lot of fun. He seems to enjoy it too. He likes putting on his helmet with Daddy and seeing the cars as we ride along.

Seattle/Home Update – Things were hot last week in Seattle. Our house gets very warm upstairs on nights like this. Jack’s room was 85 degrees one night when he went to bed. He didn’t seem to mind at all about the heat. Takes after his Mother I suspect. Seattlites on the other hand seem to like to complain about a good thing. If the weather temp is between 68-75 we are happy. Above or below that we think that the bible is throwing everything at us and start looking for hailing frogs. Our nightly news declares weather stories as something we’ve never heard of before. In the end it makes for good baseball at Safeco field. Jack has been enjoying playing outside in the backyard. He helped Mommy & Daddy weed one night. He’s played in his kiddie pool a few times too and really liked it.

Mark Update – Because he seems incapable of posting these on his own, I’m forced to post for him. Because of that most of what I’m about to write will be a bold face lie, but that is what he deserves right? I mean his cousins Katie and Patrick blog more then he does. After his last post proclaiming how happy he was to be playing classic arcade games, he has been a busy boy. He traveled to Seattle with Siobhan to see his friend Colleen get married (congrats Colleen). I was thrilled to see them both, as was his nephew. If you haven’t checked out the cute pictures of Jack & Mark you must check them out in the zenfolio account. Mark got back home worked his little fanny off and was rewarded by being sent to Belgium for a week of work. I just talked to him and it sounds like he may be going back to Belgium next week. I figured he does well over there because after a few beers Mark sounds like he is speaking Flemish. Plus, he’s really white so I’m sure he fit in fine in a land that doesn’t see the sun often. I suspect his return home to the summer months and the heat/humidity that follows is enough to make him cry in his diesel powered VW.

Looking ahead – June looks to be a fun month. Lavi’s Mom is coming to visit for a month. Adobe (where Lavi & I work) will be shut down for the July 4th holiday week. I’m heading out for 2 days of camping. The new twist will be traveling to and from by bicycle. Really looking forward to that. My parents will soon be celebrating their 40 year anniversary, how cool is that! So a busy month to come for sure.

Check back soon,
Jeff  

No comments: