Sunday, May 10, 2009

Together Brothers

Mark and Siobhan are visiting us in Seattle. Mark was in town for a friend's wedding. (Congratulations Colleen!) We had a great day together Friday. Jack's daycare was closed for a scheduled in-service day. So Uncle Mark, grandparents and Jack headed to the zoo to see the new Penguin exhibit and all the other animals. Jack had a good time. I will say the new Penguin exhibit was okay, but nothing awesome for all the build up.

Later we had a little dinner at our house. Then Grandma & Grandpa watched Jack while the four of us went out for a quick drink. It was really nice to catch up with Mark. I talk to him at least once a week, but it is so nice to see him.

It's funny, even as he sits across from me and talks about things he is still my little brother. I mean a little brother that has a really cool job and lives on the other side of the country. But we still tease each other in the same way we did 20 years ago.

Jack had a great time with Aunt Siobhan and Uncle Mark. Playing peek-a-boo with Siobhan and making Mark read every Curious George book he could find. I'll post some pictures very soon.

No comments: