Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TV that I dig

Since Brother Mark is not blogging about his upcoming big event (Dude, getting married? Blog worthy me thinks) I figured I would post some thoughts on a few new TV shows that Lavinia and/or I are watching.

Dollhouse (FOX) - another show from Joss Whedon. I admit the show is a bit complex on some levels and one that you need to watch every week, but I’m liking it a lot. It does a lot of things in a nice subtle way. The writing will be the strength of this show and Joss is great at that.

Big Bang Theory (CBS) - Our favorite new comedy. The geek humor is great. Lavinia is admittedly not a geek, but she gets many of the references and the characters are terrific. If you have ever laughed at a Star Wars top ten list or (worse) created one yourself this show is for you.

Better Off Ted (ABC) - Only two episodes so far but it zips along. We’ll stay tuned for this one. It has Portia from Arrested Development and she is a lot of fun to watch.

Webisodes
Shows that run entirely on the Web are not new, but I’ve come across a few recently that have been very fun. The two that I have enjoyed the most are “The Guild” and “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-along-Blog.” They both recently won several awards at the Streamy Awards ( http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/dr-horrible-battlestar-do.php).

Check out the The Guild on MSN Video or the website The Guild ( http://www.watchtheguild.com/). A great show about a bunch of individuals that game together on-line and what happens when they meet and mix in the real world. Stars and creator Felicia Day is amazing.

Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along-Blog is not a new thing for me to post. Created by Joss Whedon and staring Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillon and Felicia Day. Hilarious and well done.

1 comment:

KatieMo said...

I like Better Off Ted also.....and seeing Portia makes me miss Arrested Development all the more!