Saturday, January 31, 2009

13 Years

A quick little post that Lavinia and I celebrated 13 years this week (1/27). We are going out tonight (thanks Gram and Grandpa for babysitting) to a place called Crush here in Seattle. I think it is a fitting name.

13 years seems like a long time, but in reflecting upon all we have done it seems very short. Lavinia and I have really grown up together, I met her when I was 20. I still remember sitting next to her in History 301 at the UW. I remember being so impressed by this strong girl. She knew who she was and had opinions. Yet she was very good at listening to others at the same time. She amazed me then and she still amazes me today. She's a great mother to Jack, she still is that strong young girl that I fell in love with so many years ago.

I'm very lucky to have had Lavinia at my side through life's challenges. We've seen and done a lot. We'll be celebrating all of it tonight.

No comments: