Saturday, January 31, 2009

100 Pushups

A few friends of mine turned me on to a web site called One Hundred Pushups. I'm sure it is the latest work out fad, but it looked kinda cool. A six week program to help you basically drop and do 100 pushups.

At work I help lead a 2x a week Stability Ball class. This class runs through a series of strength exercises and focuses on core strength. We do pushups and plank exercises. A few of us have been doing this for almost 4 years now. It was the only exercise that I did during grad school. It didn't help keep off the weight but it kept me some what fit.

Since Jack is now 16 months old I told myself I was going to get back to more consistent work outs. I was weighing 190 when he was born and I managed to lose 10 pounds between now and then. I'm aiming to drop another 10. I hope. I've started running 2-3x a week and sitting on my bicycle trainer once a week for a solid work out.

So back to the 100 Pushups. It starts with taking a test. Then based on your test you pick your work out and proceed. Three days a week for six weeks.

I managed to eek out 28 pushups in my test. Hooray Stability Ball Class for helping me. I managed enough to skip to week 3 to start the work outs. That might actually hurt me more than I realized. Eeking out 28 was tough. I got to 25 pretty easy and the last 3 were really hard. I had my mind on 30 and I got to 28 and my arms said... "nope, that's all folks."

So check back with me in 3-4 weeks to see how my progress goes.

No comments: