Thursday, August 7, 2008

Best TV Shows cancelled

Check out this link of the top 10 shows that never had a chance. My beloved Firefly is #1 and it leaves me not feeling very shinny.

I would add a few other shows to this list.

Profit
- A good show that only lasted one year on Fox in 1996. Heroes Adrian Pasdar starred as a down right evil main character bent on destroying everyone around him for dark purposes. The best part was that as a viewer of the show you were rooting for him. Brilliant.

Dresden Files - Magnum P.I. meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love a show with an inner monologue.

Notable mentions that actually lasted more than one season:
Arrested Development
Sports Night

My last rant on shows that have disappeared is aimed at VS. for pulling their daily coverage of the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a Espana the past few years. Cycling junkies like me need more than the Tour de France darn it!

back to my Tivo, which is full of Olympic Event recording and the new season of Eureka.

3 comments:

KatieMo said...

I definitely agree with Arrested Development. I have all three seasons, and they are precious to me!

Anonymous said...

I thought "Drive" had potential (was another Nathan Fillion project), but then those damn Fox execs got to it too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_(TV_series)

Dave S @ Adobe

Anonymous said...

Arrested Development

--Rod