Saturday, January 19, 2008

I hear Jack voices and other things....

So everyone knows about the movie Sixth Sense by now. If you don't well tough. But in the movie the kid's famous line "I see dead people" should be known. So that sets the stage for what I'm about to blog about.

At night when I'm drifting off to sleep or waking up from sleep I think I hear Jack, all the time. It's irrational I know. I start up to listen and I hear nothing. I put my head on the pillow and I hear his cry. His room is across the hall and if he was crying I'd hear him, trust me. But I do hear him. The cry that I hear though is the cry he gave when he was a newborn. He hasn't made that cry in 2 months.

I thought it was just me but Lavi confesses that her mind plays tricks on her too. Which made me feel at least sane. My Dad told me that he would sleep soundly until he heard my foot hit the floor when I would get out of bed, go to the bathroom, then once back in bed he'd fall back to sleep. I guess this might just be that. Still it's humorous to me that my mind can play tricks on me like that.

I suspect it won't let up any time soon. Now it's become funny I just smile as I drift back to sleep. The sleep deprivation has been replaced going forward with sleep interruption I guess.

No comments: