Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Moran brother conversation

Here's a little insight into how weird conversations between Mark and myself can be.

From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:20 PM
To: Moran, Mark J. UTPWR
Subject: Steve Vai
Do you have any Steve Vai on CD? If so, plan to bring that with you to Seattle when you come. I can’t wait to see you. I hope you have time to hang out for a day or so around the house with Jack. I think you’d appreciate the insight into what his day is like. Lots of fun to be had with sleeping, burping, feeding and diaper changing. Heck, take away the diaper changing and it is just like college game day for us.
Jeff

===================================
From: Moran, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:04 AM
To: Jeff Moran
Subject: RE: Steve Vai
Hey,
Was going to buzz you later. Yeah, I got one Steve Via disc. I'll rip a copy. It's buried in the back somewhere. Right now all of the CDs are on the floor in the living room waiting to find a home.
Thank you so much for the Home Depot card (convey to Lavi too please). That's going to come in really handy. I'm thinking we're going to use it for a decent plastic storage shed for outside. Our neighbor told us that there are bears back in the woods and that we have to lock up the trash cans. I'm told that the previous owner had a bird feeder and woke up with a bear on the deck one morning. Yikes!
How's the little guy doing? Hope all's good. Mom tells me that you are the best Dad ever (after ours of course). How's the car? Enjoying it? I imagine it takes a bit to get used too. I'm very proud of you guys for making that decision. Nothing rings louder than how we spend our dollars.
I like the idea of just hanging out. I know Siobhán is excited to chill and meet the little guy.
Sorry for being incommunicado. Busier than a dog with three tails to chase. Trying to catch up after being out all last week.
Try to catch ya later today.
-Mark

===================================
From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:18 PM
To: Moran, Mark
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

Hey Little Brother,
You are most welcome for the gift card. We know you will put it to good use. Lavinia and I are really excited for you and your new home. You’ll have countless hours of fun with it. Be sure to watch them Bears. I suggest keeping your space outside the house nice and tidy. It lends itself to making things better as you go along. A new storage shed would be pretty cool. Nice place to store things like that huge TV box
Things with Jack are super good. He was fussy last night and kept his Mom & Abuela up a lot. They were nice enough to let me sleep. I’m so lucky it’s actually quite silly.
Call me when you can I know you are busy.
Jeff

===================================
From: Moran, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:07 AM
To: Jeff Moran
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

Hey big brother,
Yeah, that card is going to come in really handy. It's been a thrill ride so far with the house. I've fixed a lot of little things that were bugging me (gap in the joinery of one kitchen cabinet, new shower nozzle, surround sound speaker wire loop down through basement and then back up behind the couch (bring on Star Wars as it was meant to be heard!!!!!!)) Got a couple more little things to do and then the big projects should commence. Siobhán wants to paint this weekend. it's pretty cool, but still scary. I had the dryer apart on Sunday (troubleshooting a timer issue) and I was thinking "ya know, if you break it, you have to pay for it, ugh!" :)
The TV box is fine downstairs for now. I explained my psychological problem with unpacking completely and I got some leeway. When it comes time to finish the basement, I'm hosed.
Try to give you a buzz around 5PM your time.
-Mark
PS - why the interest in Steve Via?

===================================
From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:34 PM
To: Moran, Mark J. UTPWR
Subject: RE: Steve Vai
I was jamming on some Joe Satriani and it made me think about the Fire & Ice album.

===================================
From: Moran, Mark Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:45 AMTo: Jeff MoranSubject: RE: Steve Vai
I found 3 of my Joe Satriani tapes while moving. There's even the awful album where he sings.

===================================
From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:01 PM
To: Moran, Mark
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

LOL
At some point I hope to get digital copies of the items I have in cassettes. I copied a bunch that Tim had and got caught up. I now have my Def Leopard, Johnny Gil and AC/DC’s "Blow up your video" covered. Even David Lee Roth’s "Skyscraper"

===================================
From: Moran, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:04 PM
To: Jeff Moran
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

I have "just like Paradise" on my MP3 player. *slinks below desk*

===================================
From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:13 PM
To: Moran, Mark
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

Dude, I routinely listen to some weird things. My top 25 is down right embarrassing
You know my name – Chris Cornell (latest Bond file song)
Beautiful Day – U2
Sleeping Lessons – Shins
Living in a dream – Arc Angles
Hips don’t Lie – Skakira
Save Me – Remy Zero (Smallville song)
Heatseeker – AC/DC (quite possibly their 2nd worst album ever, Fly on the Wall was terrible).
Good Time – Arc Angles
Smile – Lily Allen (surprise a song made after 2006)
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me – U2
Pretending – Eric Clapton
Fire’s Coming Down – Pigeon head
Spoonman
Into the great wide open
Damn Good – David Lee Roth
Prelude to main march (Superman theme)
Lust to love – Go-Go’s
Pump it – Black Eyed Peas
She Sells Sanctuary – Cult
The power of love – Huey Lewis and the News
Say hello 2 heave
Across the bar and down the hall – American Girls
(ghost) riders in the sky – Johnny Cash
Werewolves of London –
We’re an American band - Kansas
===================================

From: Moran, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:58 PM
To: Jeff Moran
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

That's a funny list. I recognize that I am related to you, I'm also a little ashamed :) Right now I've got on The Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar (is wrong to enjoy techno?) -Mark

===================================
From: Jeff Moran
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:59 PM
To: Moran, Mark
Subject: RE: Steve Vai

Techno is cool. I need to rip you a copy of George Acosta. My favorite techno album. He spins out of Miami.
Yea, embarrassing huh. I had Mad Season on now to make up for it.
Jeff

1 comment:

Jeff Moran said...

Dude! I told you that stuff about Techno in private. Now the whole world knows that I broke character and I've listened to some music made after 1993 (in my best Kyle from South Park voice) You Bastard! :)

We are goofy huh?

-Mark