Monday, July 9, 2007

Stage 1 - Amazing Finish

Stage 1 of the Tour was amazing. Lavinia and I were watching together and we saw Robbie McEwen (Predictor-Lotto) from Australia won the stage after crashing 13 miles from the finish and hurting his hand and knee. His teammates raced him back to the main field and American Freddy Rodriguez, Robbie's faithful teammate, guided him to the front. Near the front Robbie popped out of the back and beat all the other sprinters handedly.

Lavinia and I were rooting for our favorites and the top contenders, Robbie is always my favorite sprinter. I saw him pop up in the front field and couldn't believe it. As he came through I knew he was going to win. Amazing finish and a great way to start the Tour. Robbie is now in the Green jersey (sprinters jersey) and I hope he holds it again in Paris.
http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/details/articles/12617.0.html

No comments: