Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What a surprise - I'm type A

I'm sure you are all shocked to learn that I am a Type A personality. As if getting my MBA wasn't proof enough. Encouraged by a good buddy at work I took this quick test:

http://www.blogthings.com/doyouhaveatypeapersonalityquiz/
You Have A Type A- Personality
You are one of the most balanced people around. Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want. You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you. When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back. Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love! You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds

I don't think any of this is too shocking if you've spent any time with me. I've taken other "tests" to find out my strengths. Internally at Adobe we take a "Managing for Peak Performance" and I landed as a Blue-Red on the color wheel. This maps to "Assertive-Nurturing" and states a "concern for the protection, growth, and welfare of others through task accomplishment and leadership." Sarcastically I like to say that this makes my style a "Smack & a Hug."

From yet another tests my top 5 strengths are the following:
Relator: pulls me towards people, especially those I know.
Arranger: I'm a conductor and enjoy managing all variables.
Activator: Eager to start anything
Woo: Winning others over (love me damnit!)
Responsibility: theme forces me to psychological ownership for anything I commit to.

Take the test and tell me what you are. Mark... do you dare?

No comments: