Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Rooting for the Warriors

I admit that I'm as tuned in to the NBA playoffs as my mother is tuned in to Bicycle racing. However, I am rooting for the Golden State Warriors right now for one reason only. The Warriors are the 8th seed in the playoffs and they are playing the top seeded Dallas Mavericks. They currently lead the series.




The reason I'm rooting for them is to hopefully erase this image from history.

In the 1993-94 season my very own Seattle Supersonics became the first ever #1 seed to lose to a #8 seed. ESPN brings this up every year. And every year we in Seattle are forced to stare again at Dikembe Mutombo's stupid fraking half-court celebration.

Therefore, GO WARRIORS! I hope you not only beat the Mavericks but celebrate in such a way that we will never see this image ever again!

Jeff

3 comments:

Joey Jo Jo said...

Hear! Hear! And double-hear!!

I had almost forgotten Dikembe's weaping (what a crybaby), maybe it's because I'm not around to hear ESPN repeat the statistic this year.

I am also rooting for the Warriors, but mostly because I want to see a winning team from Cali which is NOT the Lakers.

Jeff Moran said...

stupid Mavericks won... series is 3-2. Go Warriors!

Jeff Moran said...

The Warriors did it! Forget you Dikembe!