Thursday, March 8, 2007

More than meets the eye

The question on my mind is will Mark go see the new transformers movie that is coming, and secondly will he start collecting again. Growing up Mark was, how you say? ah yes,... addicted to the transformers cartoon. If I close my eyes I can still hear the noise the autobots made when they "transformed" and I know Mark can too. In fact he's probably giggling with laughter like Chewbaca from Star Wars right now as he's thinking about it.

I recall when Mark went to see the animated movie in the theater, he must have been like 12 or something. He comes home to shock me with the news that they actually killed some of the transformers in the movie. I think Mark grew up that day and still misses his childhood.

I shouldn't diss him too bad. He did have his older brother watching most of those shows with him.

I hear that the dude that was Optimus Prime's voice in the cartoon is in the new movie too. How cool is that?

Anyway, between Mark drifting back to younger years, and Lavinia recalling the cartoon in Spanish and English the new movie promises to be a trip down memory lane fo sho!

Night.

1 comment:

Jeff & Mark Moran said...

Ah yes, I can still hear that noise. It's permanently in my brain. Yes, I was a big fan. I still have the VHS tapes that I religiously taped every episode. Of course I now also have the DVDs, which makes them kind of obsolete, however the old GI Joe toy commercials are on there too and those are a blast from the past (sorry, I'm trying to type and I have to ignore this voice in my head that's yelling "shut up geek!!").

I do remember the movie in the theater and seeing Braun and Ironhide get blasted and smoke coming out of them. I think I was shocked stupid. Did I cry when Optimus died… maybe… I was just saying the other day that they'd better use the original Prime voice guy, that guy is definitive!

I've heard some whispers that the movie sucks, but I'll probably still be there opening day. Now I just have to find a young child to go with me so I don't look too out of place.

Autobots, roll out!!!!!!!

-MM